November 4, 2014 Elections
Full details on proposed Constitutional amendments; local elections and offices and more!
November 4, 2014 - Open Congressional Primary Election
(Polling Places Open at 6 am & Close at 8 pm)
U.S. Representative 4th Congressional District
Public Service Commissioner District 5
10th Judicial District Court Judge, Division A
City Marshal City Court – Natchitoches
School Board Members for Districts 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,10 &11 - see candidate answers to Members' questions
Justice of the Peace Ward 4
Mayor Town of Campti
Mayor Village of Robeline
Chief of Police Town of Campti
Aldermen Village of Goldonna
Aldermen Village of Robeline
Click here for the full list of candidates for each office across Natchitoches Parish
Proposed Constitutional Amendments
The Public Affairs Research Council of Louisiana (PAR) provides the most practical, objective review of the proposed constitutional amendments that you will see on your ballot.
The PAR Guide to the 2014 Constitutional Amendments (PDF) can be downloaded here and provides a great reference
This is the order the amendments will appear on the ballot
1. Medical trust fund and healthcare provider base rate
2. Hospital assessment, trust fund and fee formula
3. Sales of property with delinquent taxes
4. Fund transfers for an infrastructure bank
5. Elimination of the mandatory retirement age of judges
6. Higher millage cap for police and fire protection in Orleans Parish
7. Property tax exemption for certain disabled veterans
8. Artificial Reef Development Fund
9. Tax exemption reporting for permanently disabled residents
10. Tax sale of vacant, blighted or abandoned property
11. Increases the number of state departments from 20 to 21
12. Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission membership
13. Orleans Lower Ninth Ward vacant property
14. Tax rebates, incentives and abatements
Government Affairs Committee
The Government Affairs committee serves an important role for the Natchitoches Area Chamber of Commerce. Its mission is to provide essential information to the Chamber membership on public policy issues and to advocate for the membership while working to align government priorities with local business needs.
As such, they are constantly monitoring legislative issues, having conversations with our local legislators and working closely with municipal and parish-wide governing bodies to focus on our members' needs.
Visit our Maps page for detailed maps on various congressional and political maps for Natchitoches Parish.
Chair, Jennifer Sheffield, Sabine State Bank
- James Rhodes, Rhodes Properties and Development
- Doyle Bailey, Tour Natchitoches with Barbara
- Gabe Ward, Ward's Waste Services
- Mark Massia, Lott Oil
Please be patient--the feeds load each time you arrive at this page. You do not have to have a Twitter account to watch these feeds and you can click on a link from any feed to read the full article/blog/post/etc.
Natchitoches City Council meeting agendas can be downloaded here.