We wanted a PBM that worked better… so we created one.
Southern Scripts, the leading disruptor in the PBM industry, simplifies the complexities of navigating through the Pharmacy Benefit Manager world by offering a value-added approach to ensure the employer absolute freedom, control, and choice to their health plan structure without compromising patient experiences and outcomes. We improve healthcare and reduce rising prescription costs for employers and their employees. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, strong, and committed to developing systems and service solutions that promote our business goals and commitments.
Southern Scripts is searching for incredible talent! We continue to experience accelerated growth in a rapidly changing industry. There's never been a better time to join our team.
We are currently seeking an Accounting Assistant. Candidates must reside in or around the Natchitoches, Louisiana area.
Role and Responsibilities
The Accounting Assistant works closely with Accounting Team members under the general supervision of the Accounting Administrator, and is responsible for providing support with Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and vendor documentation and data maintenance. Also provides excellent customer service while maintaining high Company standards in professionalism and strict confidentiality at all times. Assesses office procedures and makes necessary changes in order to improve office functioning. May assume responsibility for training, assigning, and checking work of subordinates. Performs administrative support duties. Serves as a contact person for other employees or the outside public. Communicates with internal and external offices to obtain or share information. Ensures administrative details are completed.
- Assist in the preparation of invoices and verification of accuracy in relation to claims data.
- Submit invoices and backup documentation to clients via electronic data interchange.
- Send 15-day payment reminders to clients related to late invoice payments.
- Save claim remits in .pdf file format at time of invoicing and disburse to pharmacies at time of payment.
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable payments with invoices, noting discrepancies and communicating such to Billing Manager.
- Perform research related to pharmacy claim, payment and remit questions from clients and vendors.
- Maintain and secure records necessary for 1099 compliance.
- Maintain and update pharmacy vendor files with changes in tax identification numbers, NPI numbers, and contact information using Help Desk system when necessary.
- Deposit payments in bank as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of information and data at all times.
- Proactively communicate on a daily basis to ensure issues and workflow priorities remain on target.
- Assist with projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
- Abide by all obligations under HIPAA related to Protected Health Information (PHI).
- If a HIPAA violation is discovered, whether individually or by another, you must report the violation to the Compliance Officer and/or Human Resources.
- Attend, complete, and demonstrate competency in all required HIPAA Training offered by the company.
- Flexibility to understand, appreciate and embrace that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to work with peers in a team effort.
- Familiar with general Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes.
- Strong organizational and time management capabilities.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics.
- Ability to quickly learn specialized PBM software application.
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Detail oriented, with successful experience in meeting multiple deadlines.
- Aptitude for providing excellent customer service.
- Candidates must reside in or around the Natchitoches, Louisiana area.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00AM to 5:00PM CT. We cover clients from West to East Coast, work times must be adjusted to cover meetings in all time zones. Ability to work extended hours, weekends and holidays pursuant with industry demands.
Required education & Skills
- GED required; Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Account Receivable processes: 2 years
- Account Payable processes: 2 years
- Microsoft Word and Excel: 2 years
What We Have to Offer
Our benefits package is designed to keep our employees happy and healthy – physically, mentally and financially.
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Disability and Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Remote work options
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Annual Reviews and Development Plans
- Retirement Plan with company match immediately 100% vested