As a Medical Assistant, provides direct and indirect patient care in the medical office setting demonstrating clinical education and competence in direct patient care as per scope of practice. Meets the communication needs of the patient family, departmental staff and medical staff for the clinic; Prepares and compiles records for the Office as directed; Initiates directions from physician and nursing staff; Participates in performance improvement activities; Maintains regulatory agency requirements, clinic policies and procedures and standards.
Required Education and Experience:
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Current BCLS certification or must be obtained within 6 months of employment.
3. Regulatory requirement for the medical assistant: successful completion of a course of learning for the medical assistant.
4. Current M/A Certificate.
5. Current phlebotomy certification.
5. Annual OSHA/HIPAA Training.