The Admitting manager establishes and coordinates all aspects of the Admission process to facilitate an efficient and customer-friendly atmosphere, in line with the mission and core values of Natchitoches Regional Medical Center. The Admitting Manager is responsible for inpatient, outpatient, and emergency department registrations; time of service collections; screening for financial assistance; scheduling of patient procedures; and referral, insurance verification, and pre-certification processes for all patients. Assures development of a high-performance work team through coaching, mentoring, and daily briefings. Responsible for analysis of performance metrics to improve process performance. Maintains all levels of the Admission process in conjunction with JCAHO standards and HIPPA regulations. Develops and maintains working relationships with physicians and office staff, as well as other customers within and outside the facility.
Experience and Education Requirements
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Knowledge of governmental and managed care payor requirements for admission.
Experience and Education Preferences
1. Bachelor's degree preferred.
2. Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
3. Minimum of 3 years of experience in hospital revenue cycle preferred.