The Biller prepares, reviews, and submits claims to third party carriers and intermediaries, and also answers claim related inquiries. Works follow up reports by payer class, does reminders, keeps account receivables current, works 72 hour overlap report, and does void on credit balances accordingly.
Experience and Education Requirements
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to type 40 wpm required.
Experience and Education Preferences
Vocational training in office procedures preferred.
- One year office experience preferred.
- Six months hospital business office experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and insurance procedures preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.