The Emergency Medical Technician – Basic administers temporary care to patients until such care is turned over to the personnel of a medical facility. Such care may be the result of a 911 call, or it may be in the course of transporting a patient from one medical facility to another medical facility. The EMT – Basic also performs equipment maintenance, restocks supplies, performs clinical record keeping and non-clinical record keeping, and performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT
- High school diploma or GED required. Must hold certification from
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians and the
- State of Louisiana at the EMT - Basic level.
- Required: CPR, ACLS, PALS certification. NRP preferred.
- Must possess valid Class D driver’s license.
- Two years of experience as EMT preferred.
- Must be at least age 23 (this is a requirement of our insurance carrier) with a clean DMV record. Prefer age 25 with a clean DMV record.