Job Summary: The EMS Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the planning, organization of staffing, and directing of functions to ensure the effective operation of the department. This position cooperates with the Ambulance Manager in developing plans, policies, and procedures to efficiently and effectively meet the objective of providing quality care. The EMS Supervisor assists the manager in planning, directing, and managing the department and staff to assure quality service on a 24-hour basis. This supervisor assists in meeting JCAHO standards, OSHA requirements, and state regulations, complies with hospital policy and procedures, manages supplies and equipment in the unit, promotes teamwork with physicians and all healthcare providers, promotes internal and external customer satisfaction, and ensures appropriate resource management.
- Graduate of a State of Louisiana/National Registry recognized EMT-Paramedic Program required.
- Current registration with State of Louisiana Bureau of EMS required.
- Current registration with the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians required.
- Current State of Louisiana licensure required.
- Required: CPR, ACLS, and PALS.
- Five years previous experience as a field paramedic required.
- 3 years minimum of supervisory experience required.
- NRP certification preferred.