The House Supervisor supervises the overall operation of patient care areas during a prescribed shift. In the absence of department managers or other administrative staff, is responsible for the overall operation of the hospital during a prescribed shift; responds to emergencies in the hospital. Responsible for operations to achieve quality improvement, fiscal productivity, and patient satisfaction goals and objectives established by administration. Responsible for staff performance and accomplishment of departmental responsibilities in accord with hospital, departmental, and safety policies and procedures to meet hospital and regulatory requirements. Responsible for providing high quality patient care to and acting as a liaison for patients and their families, physicians, and associates. Responsible for efficient operation of nursing units and optimum use of resources to maximize productivity and minimize costs. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Must have graduated from an accredited school of nursing; BSN required, or may substitute equivalent in experience.
- Current State of Louisiana Registered Nurse Licensure or compact license.
- Two years of experience required.
- Current BCLS certification or must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Two years management experience as an Assistant Director or Charge Nurse, Unit Manager, or Administrative Supervisor preferred.
- Current ACLS certification preferred.