Is responsible for and performs those duties consistent with the recognized scope of practice for profession. Assists clinic Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Registered Nurses in the care of patients in a family practice care environment. May provide direct supervision of patient care given by unlicensed Nursing and Medical Assistants. May be the only nursing staff member of the clinic. Performs additional administrative tasks related to patient medical record maintenance and continuity of care typical of a family practice clinic. Performs other tasks as assigned.
LPN Required Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited LPN.
- Current LPN licensure in the State of Louisiana.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Minimum of six months to one year's work experience.
Medical Assistant Required Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Current BCLS certification or must be obtained within 6 months of employment.
- Regulatory requirement for the medical assistant: successful completion of a course of learning for the medical assistant.
- Current M/A Certificate.
- Annual OSHA/HIPPA Training.