Job Summary: Provides direct and indirect patient care services that meet the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care; meets the communication needs of patient and family; provides care that reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Maintains regulatory agency requirements, nursing and hospital policies, procedures and standards. Communicates with physicians and team members about changes in patient’s clinical condition, including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision.
· Graduate of an accredited LPN program.
· Current LPN licensure in State of Louisiana.
· Current BCLS certification
· Minimum of six months to one year’s work experience preferred.
· Successful completion of arrhythmia course within first 6 months of employment
· ACLS certification is preferred upon hire or obtained within 6 months of employment.
· PALS certification is preferred upon hire or certification must be obtained within 6 months of employment.
· Basic Arrhythmia is preferred upon hire or certification must be obtained within 6 months of employment.