Responsible for and performs those duties consistent with the recognized scope of practice for Licensed Practical Nursing. Assists clinic Physicians and Nurse Practitioners in the care of patients in the clinic. May provide direct supervision of patient care given by unlicensed personnel. May be the only nursing staff member of the clinic. Performs additional administrative tasks related to patient medical record maintenance and continuity of care typical of a medical practice clinic. Performs other tasks as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
1. Graduate of an accredited LPN program.
2. Current LPN licensure in the State of Louisiana.
3. Current BCLS certification.
4. One year experience in a medical practice setting
5. Demonstration of excellent patient experience skills
6. Basic computer knowledge
7. Understanding of patient confidentiality
8. Ability to adapt to all clinical environments
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Experience with clinical documentation systems
2. Advanced degree in Nursing