Responsible for direction and day-to-day management of patient care in the assigned department(s). Manages/Directs staff members, and consults with staff, physicians and Chief Nurse Executive on nursing problems and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in quality improvement activities. Assists in formulating department budget. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Baccalaureate degree or current enrollment in a program.
- Current State of Louisiana Registered Nurse Licensure or compact license.
- Two to five years of clinical experience.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Successful completion of arrhythmia course.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Current ACLS certification.
- Nurse leader certification (within one year of hire).
- Professional nursing association membership.