Job Summary: The Pharmacy Technician assists pharmacists in preparing and dispensing inpatient and outpatient medications, assist the pharmacist in filling/refilling automated dispensing machines, as well as Employee prescriptions, maintaining the drug inventory, and maintenance of records. Retail experience preferred but not a requirement. Pharmacy technician will perform point of sale duties along with closing a cash register daily. Pharmacy Technicians work only under the supervision of a registered pharmacist and perform only those duties which can legally be performed by a pharmacy technician.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Some college credit preferred.
· Current pharmacy technician certification required.
· PTCB preferred, but not required.
· Previous experience as pharmacy technician preferred.