Staff pharmacists process orders for parenteral and enteral medications, monitor patient drug therapies, and provide drug information. Staff pharmacists supervise and direct support personnel. In the absence of the pharmacy manager, a staff pharmacist may be required to assume the essential responsibilities and perform the duties of the pharmacy manager.
Required Education and Experience
1. A graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy and licensed as a registered pharmacist by the Louisiana State Board of Pharmacy.
2. Work experience with pharmacy information systems required.
3. Currently licensed to practice pharmacy in the state of Louisiana.
- Ability to function as an inpatient staff pharmacists required
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Health system experience preferred.
2. Meditech experience preferred.
- Monitoring billing accuracy, compliance issues, and structure preferred.
- Experience building/maintaining pump libraries preferred.