The primary purpose of this position is to support the overall operation of patient care areas. The RN Intake Coordinator assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors and evaluates options to facilitate the continuum of care. It also provides a full range of case management services in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team. The RN Intake Coordinator assist in appropriate and timely placement of admitted patients, as well as transfers. The RN Intake Coordinator educates staff regarding effective allocation of the hospital’s resources while encouraging provision of high-quality patient care and is cognizant of regulations and policies of all review organizations relating to billing of the fiscal intermediaries. Participates in Case Management Team activities and responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience
- Must have graduated from an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred, or may substitute equivalent in experience.
- Current State of Louisiana Registered Nurse Licensure or compact license.
- Two years of nursing experience required.
- Current BCLS certification or must be obtained within 3 months of hire.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Case Management Experience preferred.
2. Current ACLS certification preferred.