Registered Nurse Summary:
Provides nursing care through physical and mental assessments, laboratory testing, treatment plans and therapeutic treatments. Knowledgeable of a wide range of disorders; cognitive, emotional, developmental, social and behavioral. Performs crisis intervention. Participates in the department’s performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities. Communicates with physicians/Nurse Manager/co-workers, as appropriate. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
Licensed Practical Nurse Summary:
Provides direct and indirect patient care services that meet the psycho social, physical and general aspects of care; meets the communication needs of patient and family; provides care that reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Maintains regulatory agency requirements, nursing and hospital policies, procedures and standards. Communicates with physicians and team members about changes in patient’s clinical condition, including results of diagnostic studies. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision.
Registered Nurse Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current state Registered Nurse Licensure within state of practice.
- Current CPR, CPI or MOAB certification.
Licensed Practical Nurse Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited LPN program.
- Current LPN licensure in State of Louisiana.
- Current BLS certification.
- Minimum of six months to one year’s work experience preferred.
- Successful completion of arrhythmia course.