Requirements Analyst Project Manager
Southern Scripts, the leading disruptor in the PBM industry, simplifies the complexities of navigating through the Pharmacy Benefit Manager world by offering a value-added approach to ensure the employer absolute freedom, control, and choice to their health plan structure without compromising patient experiences and outcomes. We improve healthcare and reduce rising prescription costs for employers and their employees. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, strong, and committed to developing systems and service solutions that promote our business goals and commitments.
Southern Scripts is searching for incredible talent! We continue to experience accelerated growth in a rapidly changing industry. There's never been a better time to join our team.
We are currently seeking a Requirements Analyst Project Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
Southern Scripts is a growing Pharmacy Benefits Manager (PBM) and is seeking a Requirements Analyst Project Manager (PM) to play an important part in the product development process and will be responsible for facilitating regular meetings with stakeholders to elicit and validate business requirements to support reporting and software development. The ideal candidate will be able to work as a liaison between technical and non-technical teams throughout the software development lifecycle. Projects will be driven based on internal needs, external requests, and dependencies with the software development roadmap.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product owners) to identify business and system requirements.
- Generate requirements documentation and user stories.
- Assist in the research and validation of bugs and user issues.
- Assist in providing user training and documentation.
- Assemble and maintain project plans and associated communications for all internal and external projects ensuring all team members are aware and on track with critical milestones.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with team members distributed across multiple physical locations ensuring all key team members are aware of changes and upcoming milestones in order to successfully track dependencies and allocate resources accordingly.
- Able to communicate clearly with business stakeholders to document and understand reporting needs and expectations so that data analyst team can provide consistent and accurate internal and external reporting deliverables.
- Abide by all obligations under HIPAA related to Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Attend, complete, and demonstrate competency in all required HIPAA Training offered by the company.
- Flexibility to understand, appreciate and embrace that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Proven work experience in software development
- Strong written and verbal communications skills to support business writing, professional correspondence, and meeting facilitation with diverse group of stakeholders at all management levels within the organization
- Familiarity with pharmacy management, especially around adjudication, formularies and pricing is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and provide project and team direction given general guidance
- Ability to consolidate ideas and collaborate with cross-functional working groups
- Knowledge of project management systems and tools; experience with Visual Studio a plus
- Ability to consolidate ideas and collaborate with cross-functional working groups.
Strongly Desired Skills
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Knowledge and experience working with modern cloud based systems like Microsoft Azure and AWS HealthLake
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the "core" work hours of 8:00AM to 5:00PM CT. We cover clients from West to East Coast, work times must be adjusted to cover meetings in all time zones. Ability to work extended hours, weekends and holidays pursuant with industry demands.
This position may require some travel.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technology or technical business discipline
- Five years business analysis or project management experience
- Understanding of Agile development lifecycle planning needs
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Familiarity with pharmacy claims coding terminology preferred
- Understanding of EDI and database schemas