Opportunity: Are you passionate about economic development? The Natchitoches Community Alliance is searching for an innovative leader to build upon its existing plan for economic development within Natchitoches Parish. This is an opportunity to work alongside community leaders to affect meaningful change and growth within the parish.
Description: This is a full-time executive position, reporting to the NCA Board of Directors, who will work closely with the Natchitoches Area Chamber of Commerce staff, regional and state economic development organizations and local partners to promote the business and economic development interests of the parish.
Salary: $60,000-$90,000, commensurate with experience
Examples of work:
- Lead communication with local partners, governing bodies, university and residents regarding strategies or activities that could encourage local business development
- Develop and manage the budget of the organization, including fundraising
- Identify, pursue and secure economic development opportunities with industry representatives to encourage new business development in Natchitoches Parish
- Develop an inventory of available sites and buildings within the parish and ensure inclusion on the statewide sites database
- Identify sites suitable for the state certification program and work with property owners, regional and state partners to achieve certification
- Identify funding sources (local, state, federal) to improve the marketability of available sites and buildings
- Work closely with existing industry and education/workforce development partners to ensure workforce development programs exist to address the needs of local industry
- Identify the quality of life strengths and weaknesses of the Parish that promote or inhibit economic development and work with local partners to expand or improve them
- Work with regional and state economic development organizations and local taxing bodies to facilitate decisions concerning incentive applications by businesses in or considering Natchitoches Parish
- Serve as lead point of contact for the parish with regional and state economic development organizations
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in economic development, marketing, urban planning, public administration, business administration, economics or related field
- Two years of increasingly responsible experience in economic development, public administration or commercial/industrial real estate
- A combination of education, training and experience providing the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered
- Professional training on modern economic development practices and tools will be ongoing
Interested parties should upload resume at natchitocheschamber.com/ncadirector.