This position is a 1-year, full-time commitment. You will be an AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteer In Service To America). AmeriCorps VISTA is a federal program with the mission of ending poverty in our country. VISTA Members are assigned to non-profits across the country to build capacity and sustainability of those organizations. This assignment is with the Ben D. Johnson Educational Center, 501 (c) 3 nonprofit located in Natchitoches, Louisiana.
Check out all available positions at www.bdjcenter.org/volunteer.
VISTAs sign up for a full year of service, working full time for their nonprofit service site. Professional experience is not necessary but highly valued. Training is provided for all tasks. AmeriCorps
VISTA Workers receive the following benefits:
• Daily Living Allowance – paid biweekly
• End of Service award o Segal AmeriCorps Education Award which is equivalent to the current Pell Grant amount o Or End of Service Cash Stipend
• Free basic health coverage
• Professional development
• Paid sick & leave time
• Childcare assistance
• Relocation assistance The Marketing Coordinator VISTA will help build the capacity of the center by creating a sustainable marketing plan.
The VISTA will help to promote a positive organization image, expand community awareness by developing a communication plan, community relationships, and attract people to utilize the BDJ Center’s programs and services.
Tasks will include:
• Work with Executive Director to develop a marketing strategy.
• Develop a strategic plan to utilize various social media platforms to market BDJ Center’s programs and document strategies that work for future use.
• Work with Executive Director to develop a marketing calendar and workplan with tasks, deadlines, and assignments.
• Enhance current communication tools for all BDJ Center’s programs and services including flyers, social media posts, media toolkit, videos, presentations, etc.
• Create monthly newsletter, annual report, and website content.
• Maintain current relationships and develop new media contacts.
• Develop and implement evaluation tools to track and evaluate marketing efforts i.e. surveys, comment cards, etc. Utilize data to recommend future program decisions, menu items, etc.
• Create a comprehensive database of photos, videos, news articles, participants stories, staff bio’s, etc. to be used in marketing.
• Participate in outreach events to build community relationships.
For additional information or to express interest in this opportunity, please send your resume to: Shannon Tucker, VISTA Leader email@example.com (318) 460-7460
The Ben D. Johnson Educational CenterShannon Tucker