Special Events and Fundraising Coordinator
This position is a 1-year, full-time commitment.
You will be an AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteer In Service To America). AmeriCorps VISTA is a federal program with the mission of ending poverty in our country. VISTA Members are assigned to non-profits across the country to build capacity and sustainability of those organizations. This assignment is with the Ben D. Johnson Educational Center, 501 (c) 3 nonprofit located in Natchitoches, Louisiana.
Check out all available positions at www.bdjcenter.org/volunteer.
VISTAs sign up for a full year of service, working full time for their nonprofit service site. Professional experience is not necessary but highly valued. Training is provided for all tasks. AmeriCorps
VISTA Workers receive the following benefits:
• Daily Living Allowance – paid biweekly
• End of Service award o Segal AmeriCorps Education Award which is equivalent to the current Pell Grant amount o Or End of Service Cash Stipend
• Free basic health coverage
• Professional development
• Paid sick & leave time
• Childcare assistance
• Relocation assistance The Special Events and Fundraising Coordinator VISTA will help build the capacity of the center by creating a sustainable fundraising plan. The VISTA will help to expand and diversify funding streams by researching funding sources, implementing fundraising campaigns, and initiating and cultivating donor relationships.
Tasks will include:
• Research a variety of successful annual events.
• Design a plan with steps taken to produce an annual event in honor of Mr. Ben Johnson to be held in August each year, including a calendar outline when certain task must be completed. This can be a dinner, lunch or brunch, which targets 250 people.
• Present the plan to Executive Director for approval.
• Work with Volunteer Coordinator and form an event committee for ticket sales and to solicit donations for activities such as auctions and door prizes at the event.
• Assist in developing and implementing a minimum of 3 online and/or in-person fundraising events.
• Work to build partnerships with local businesses, service organizations, educational institutions, government entities and other non-profits to participate in the annual event on multiple levels.
• Develop a fundraising campaign resulting in a 20% increase over last fiscal year.
For additional information or to express interest in this opportunity, please send your resume to: Shannon Tucker, VISTA Leader email@example.com (318) 460-7460
The Ben D. Johnson Educational CenterShannon Tucker