Pharmacy Technician - Certified
Role and Responsibilities
The CRX Pharmacy Technician is responsible for maintaining an effective and professional relationship with clients and patients while positively representing CRX Specialty Solution Pharmacy.
- Verify and check prescription claim data for employer groups.
- Manage calls from members, HR, and Doctors' offices to assist in initiating prior authorizations and other needs.
- Receive dosage changes, prior authorizations, Variable Co Pay eligibility checks, and questions over the phone and verify validity.
- Assist in reprocessing claims in our processing system, if appropriate.
- Collaborate with Pharmacists and Doctor officers to assist in administering prior authorizations and other needs.
- Receive verbal refill and override requests and verify that information is complete and accurate with doctor offices, TPAs and/or HR. Consult with pharmacist when necessary.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians' orders and prescriptions.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Multi-task between multiple CRx and Southern Scripts workforce applications
Required Skills and Competencies
- Display flexibility and adaptability to changing environments.
- Possess the ability to tolerate taxing workloads.
- Function effectively under stress.
- Adhere to deadlines.
- Demonstrate integrity, concern for others, interpersonal skills, interest and motivation.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Ability to respect confidentiality of patient information is required.
- Understanding of medical terminology and calculations is required.
- Familiarity with medication names and general uses
- Ability to work as a team and individually to attain personal and departmental goals
- Compounding experience is preferred.
- Basic math and computer skills are required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and industry related software programs.
Required Education and Experience
- High School or equivalent
- Certified Pharmacy Technician License
- One year pharmacy technician
- One year customer service