Director of Sales Operations
Southern Scripts, the leading disruptor in the PBM industry, simplifies the complexities of navigating through the Pharmacy Benefit Manager world by offering a value-added approach to ensure the employer absolute freedom, control, and choice to their health plan structure without compromising patient experiences and outcomes. We improve healthcare and reduce rising prescription costs for employers and their employees. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, strong, and committed to developing systems and service solutions that promote our business goals and commitments.
Southern Scripts is searching for incredible talent! We continue to experience accelerated growth in a rapidly changing industry. There's never been a better time to join our team.
We are currently seeking a Director of Sales Operations.
Role and Responsibilities
As a member of the Sales team and reporting to the Vice President of Growth Management, the Director of Sales Operations will work collaboratively with the Regional Sales Directors and Vice President of Sales to drive growth within Southern Scripts. The partnership between the Vice President of Sales and/or the Regional Sales director and the Director of Sales Operations is critical to our overall success and execution in territory management. Together, the primary goal is timely and accurate CRM management to track opportunities through close and report on key business drivers (e.g. velocity, pipeline health, etc.). You will work across the Sales Department to ensure accurate recording of data in the system, leading weekly pipeline reporting to the Vice President of Growth Management and other executive leaders. This will include, but is not limited to, developing/tracking KPIs, distilling/presenting deal insights, creating visualizations and presentations; sales processes and operations; sales analytics and executive reporting; tracking sales productivity and designing new opportunities to drive productivity and growth; segmenting and maximizing sales to high potential customers; creating and updating sales enablement materials and programs.
The Director of Sales Operations has excellent reporting and analytic skills, works independently and communicates clear insights to both the Sales Team and Executive Leadership. They will manage pipeline data and opportunity tracking to identify areas of improvement and/or risk. They will confidently and credibly share their point of view to identify and address trends and high-stakes questions/challenges facing our growing business. Core Responsibility for this role:
- Documentation of proposal intake process policies as required to support growth initiatives.
- Drive sales adoption of sales process and methodology through onboarding new employees and reinforcing them throughout organization.
- Recommend revisions to existing strategy and processes either through the better use of existing tools or implementation of new and improved process and/or tools.
- Proposal intake and documentation within Solo (CRM) in collaboration with Regional Sales Directors and Vice President of Sales
- Monitor the assigned sales organization's compliance with the required standards for maintaining CRM data and drives the team's Administration.
- Develop customer and sales analytics to provide decision support for sales planning, as well as executive level dashboards.
- Crucial functions will be the building, executing, and maintaining Sales Operations Excellence via:
- Lead Funnel Pipeline Management (top of funnel, conversion, "win the day")
- Quota establishment and sales dashboards
- Proposal Team (process to include RFPs)
- Finalist Presentations
- Sales Support: Sales Training, Competitive Intel, sales materials
- Marketing (Value Proposition)
- Sales Data Management
- Sales Metrics
- Sales Forecasting
- Lead generation analysis
- Territory Analysis
- Sales Channel Analysis
- Streamlining the sales process
- Task automation
- Proactively diagnoses the sales organization's analytics requirements; design and deliver reporting to meet these requirements while providing cross-functional revenue leadership recommendations.
- Develop standards of performance and specific actions that drive sales activities at the territory level consistent with pre-defined success criteria for the sales organization, track and report on these activities periodically.
- Assess the learning needs of the sales force and delivers effective sales enablement learning and coaching solutions.
- Analyze trends, forecasting, pipelines, sales results, segmentation, and forecasting.
- Prepare quarterly sales review process.
- Assists in the development of sales strategies and objectives as well as operating policies and procedures to ensure attainment of objectives.
- Coordination with VP of Sales/Regional Sales director of finalist activity, Lunch & Learn and Webinars
- Prospect research and documentation
- Backup sales support when Sales Directors are out of the office.
- Abide by all obligations under HIPAA related to Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Attend, complete, and demonstrate competency in all required HIPAA training offered by the company.
- Flexibility to understand, appreciate and embrace that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of assigned market segment.
- Experience managing self-funded employer groups and consultant relationships.
- Current and substantive knowledge about PBM competitors.
- Experience with pricing and budgeting processes.
- Strong data analysis, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to exercise prudent judgment, maintain confidentiality, and act in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to independently identify, research and resolve issues.
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization.
- An excellent facilitator who is experienced in resolving conflicts.
- A decisive individual who possesses a strategic focus and a detail-oriented perspective.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is able to work with minimal amount of supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and other industry related software programs.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays pursuant with industry demands.
- Willingness to travel.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- Full-time, salary/exempt position.
- Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the "core" work hours of 8:00AM to 5:00PM CT. We cover clients from West to East Coast, work times must be adjusted to cover meetings in all time zones. Ability to work extended hours, weekends and holidays pursuant with industry demands.
This position requires up to 15% travel.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in healthcare or health related field.
- 7 – 10 years PBM sales experience with a successful sales record, preferably to self-funded employers.
- 5 – 7 years PBM Sales Leadership role coaching and mentoring a successful PBM sales force.
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting, retaining, growing, and developing superior sales talent.
- Successful design and implementation of Sales Commission Plan.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.