Southern Scripts is a provider of pharmacy benefit management services that guarantee employers absolute freedom, control, and choice to their health plan structure. We strive to improve experiences and outcomes for everyone we serve while reducing the total cost of care. Founded and governed by clinical pharmacists, Southern Scripts is laser-focused on delivering significant savings to our clients through straight-forward pricing models and sound clinical management. Our thoughtful solutions combined with our high touch service and complete flexibility in pharmacy program design give our clients a la carte options to take back control of their plan.
Southern Scripts is searching for incredible talent! We continue to experience accelerated growth in a rapidly changing industry. There's never been a better time to join our team. We are currently seeking a PBM Vendor Coordinator. Position can be considered fully remote or located in Natchitoches, Louisiana:
Role and Responsibilities
The role of Vendor Coordinator is diverse and interesting, involving liaisons with vendors/clients while partnering with the Vendor Manager in negotiations. The Vendor Coordinator will be servicing internal and external stakeholders which, in turn, will be providing insights into the company's different departments and their processes. The Vendor Coordinator ensures consistent customer satisfaction by collaborating with client teams and continuous interactions. In addition, the Vendor Coordinator is responsible to ensure deliverables are consistent with client service agreements, appropriate service levels are achieved, project timelines and deliverables meet client requirements, issues are identified and resolved timely, and client satisfaction is achieved. Core Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Works in a dynamic environment where change agility and willingness to work in a flexible manner is required.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with external vendors as well as with internal teams.
- Manages multiple relationships, active program-utilizing-clients, and projects simultaneously.
- Tracks, Analyzes, Summarizes, and Presents on client/vendor statuses, issues, and procedures. Works cross-functionally to gain alignment, resolve issues, and drive action.
- Works with internal and external customers and vendors to support and deliver successful programs to mutual clients.
- Tracks and reports on measurable outcomes for programs and active program-utilizing-clients.
- Identifies and addresses problems and risks related to the program-utilizing-clients and OLP operations.
- Follows a project plan to implement and integrate clients that opt to utilize a program.
- Holds internal and external employees accountable for their roles and responsibilities in the implementation and integration of active programs and onboarding or active clients.
- Communicates with internal employees and vendors, clients, and members about programs in a consistent professional manner.
- Manages deadlines and progress across teams involved with programs and program-utilizing-clients.
- Assists Client Services with a successful implementation of program-utilizing-clients and/or integration of existing clients looking to add programs.
- Takes inbound inquiries regarding program-utilizing-clients, plans interested in utilizing a program, program-utilizing-members, and claims associated with programs, and responds accordingly.
- Ensures certain OLP-related policies and procedures are being met.
- Attends key client meetings regarding existing and integrated programs/vendors.
- Maintains program-utilizing-client database.
- Actively monitors queues and responds within established specifications and/or internal goals.
- Maintains working knowledge of company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides necessary follow-up on all issues/inquiries.
- Brings any discrepancies/issues that arise which may affect workflow or program operations to the attention of the Vendor Manager.
- Uses problem-solving abilities to troubleshoot daily problems/issues/inquiries as they arise.
- Acts as the main contact on a day-to-day level for vendor/client relationships.
- Abide by all obligations under HIPAA related to Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Attend, complete, and demonstrate competency in all required HIPAA Training offered by the company.
- Flexibility to understand, appreciate and embrace that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and decision-making abilities.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to understand current/changing business processes.
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this role.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- Full-time, salary/exempt position.
- Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the "core" work hours of 8:00AM to 5:00PM CT. We cover clients from West to East Coast, work times must be adjusted to cover meetings in all time zones. Ability to work extended hours, weekends and holidays pursuant with industry demands.
This position requires minimal (5%) travel from the Natchitoches area.
Required Education and Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard software applications, including MS Office and Windows
- Bachelor's degree (Business) or higher
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Account Management experience a plus
- PBM experience a plus
- Manufacturer Assistance Program experience a plus