Administrative Coordinator 4 - Student Support Services Team
LSMSA seeks applicants for Administrative Coordinator 4 - Student Support Services Team
The Louisiana School for Math, Science, and the Arts, a 2020 National Blue Ribbon School and rated #1 2023 Best Public High School Teachers in Louisiana according to Niche.com, is a selective admission, residential high school for Louisiana’s gifted and high-achieving students.
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for coordinating efforts and supporting the school’s Student Support Services Team.
• Departmental Support - Provide administrative support to the Director of Support Services, the Director of the Living Community, and the Dean of Students to ensure the success and effectiveness of each division; perform duties in accordance with rules, regulations, and policies; issue directives to others on the director’s behalf and relieve director of administrative matters; provide support and administrative duties to staff in other departments as needed.
• Receive and Route Visitors and Respond to Inquiries - Serve as the primary contact person for any questions or concerns posed by students, faculty, staff, and parents; answer telephone quickly, correctly, in a friendly, courteous manner; consistently provide clear and accurate information.
• Dependable and Organized - Oversee the orientation, training, attendance, responsibilities, mentorship, and evaluation of work service students; perform tasks without being told to do so; maintain office equipment, supplies, and snacks.
• Manage Records and Files – Maintain student records and files as well as collect and verify student activity fees, enrollment materials, library fines, student attendance, purchase orders and departmental budget; always ensure confidentiality of information.
• Preparation of Materials – Assist in the coordination and administration of standardized exams; accurately prepare notes, minutes, testing kits, and memorandums, as necessary; maintain confidentiality and secure materials.
• Communicates Well – Engage in the appropriate exchange of information about student needs and work closely with faculty, staff, and parents to plan and provide support services for students and families; act promptly to resolve or report safety, security, and equipment concerns; listen carefully and asks questions when needed; enforce school policies as outlined in the Student Handbook.
• Collect and Distribute Mail – Sort and distribute materials to the appropriate persons in a timely manner; ensure that outgoing correspondence/material is correctly documented, addressed, and has all necessary attachments.
• Three years of experience in which clerical work was a major duty.
• Applicants must have Civil Service test scores for 8500-Office Support Exam in order to be considered for this vacancy unless exempted by Civil Service rule or policy. If you do not have a score prior to applying to this posting, it may result in your application not being considered.
• Previous experience working in an educational setting.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted at the Louisiana State Civil Service website: Louisiana Jobs - Home (la.gov)
LSMSA is committed to equal employment opportunity. LSMSA will not discriminate against, nor tolerate discrimination against, any employee or applicant for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to, race, color, creed, disability, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, disability, citizenship, or age. This policy applies to all personnel action including recruitment, hiring, training, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, termination, recreational and social programs, and professional contracts.