First Federal Bank of Louisiana is a full-service, locally owned, community bank that has helped build the communities we serve for 70 years. With 16 branches serving 11 communities in Louisiana, we are proud to offer our customers a wide variety of products and services to meet all of their financial needs. We offer Personal and Business Checking Accounts, Savings and CDs, multiple Retirement options, Home Equity Lines of Credit, as well as Mortgages and Consumer Loans. Our established Investment and Insurance divisions also offer a full line of products. Over the years, First Federal Bank has established a reputation for fast, professional service. We believe our customers expect and deserve nothing less.
Establishes and maintains customer satisfaction as the singular priority in all activities. Demonstrates a high level of efficiency by performing a combination of teller and basic account maintenance duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greets customers immediately, in-person and by telephone, and ascertains nature of business; answers telephone and gives information to callers or routes call to appropriate individual
- Receives checking and savings deposits; verifies cash and endorsements, receives proper identification for cash back; and issues receipts of deposits
- Examines checks deposited and determines proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and completes hold notices
- Processes savings withdrawals; cashes checks; redeems U.S. Savings Bonds; processes cash advances; verifies endorsement, receives proper identification and ensures validity
- Identifies counterfeit currency; identifies fraudulent checks; checks for proper endorsements
- Answers customer account inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges and account history while complying with disclosure requirements and consumer privacy policies
- Identifies customers financial needs; cross-sells bank products and services; refers customers to FFBLA specialists who provide specific products or services, including insurance and investment representatives
- Sells and prepares official bank checks; orders check for customers; sells visa gift cards
- Issues Debit and ATM cards; performs Debit and ATM card maintenance
- Accepts loan payments and collection items; verifies payment amount and issues receipts
- Assists in opening night depository and works customer's night deposit bags
- Balances cash drawer daily, including periodic trail balancing and batching of checks; secures cash drawer and maintains daily cash limits; buys and sells currency from the vault
- Maintains appropriate currency logs, official check logs, visa gift card and ATM logs
- Performs basic account maintenance functions; completes e-call tickets on debit cards/credit cards for travel exceptions
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and a minimum of six (6) months cash handling and related customer service experience required; previous bank teller experience preferred.
- Must understand basic bank products and services
- Must have the ability to explain bank product features and benefits
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are a basic summary of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The full job description is attached as a pdf to this job posting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The employment policy of First Federal Bank and its subsidiaries is to provide an equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, individuals with disabilities, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or activities in accordance with applicable laws.