Under general direction from the Cage Supervisor, the Poker Room Cashier safeguards the assets of the Casino by executing monetary transactions for Patrons, in an accurate, professional and courteous manner, and in accordance with established Policies & Procedures and Gaming Regulations.
The below list of Duties and Responsibilities are illustrative only of the tasks performed by the Poker Room Cashier and is not all inclusive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Records all cash coming into the Poker Room.
- Maintains accurate inventory and balance of monies and chips received.
- Executes accurate monetary transactions for Casino Patrons in a prompt and courteous manner, according to established Policies & Procedures and Regulations.
- Operates the Poker Room Window, including but not limited to, items such as Purchasing and Redeeming Poker Chips.
- Maintains accuracy of the Poker Chip Bank Inventory Window.
- Ensures appropriate documentation and signatures on all required transactions.
- Maintains an accurate count of the Cash Cart and Chip Banks.
- Attends and participates in regularly scheduled Staff Meetings.
- Assists Patrons with general information, upon request.
- Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results, as required.
- Performs other duties, as required.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent, plus one (1) year cashiering experience, preferably in a Casino or banking environment. Must be twenty-one (21) years of age. Valid Driver's License and a clean driving record. No felony or theft convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a Pre-Employment Drug / Alcohol Screen, Background Investigation and be able to obtain / maintain a Key Gaming License. Tribal Preference.
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of accounting paperwork requirements.
- Knowledge of English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation and basic math skills.
- Possess skills in operating Windows software programs.
- Possess skills analyzing problems, projecting consequences, identifying solutions and implementing recommendations.
- Possess skills in operating a calculator, 10-key touch and a money counter machine.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and effective writing skills.
- Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with co-workers and all levels of management.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict timelines.
- Ability to make solid decisions and exercise independent judgment.