Job Type: Full-time
Location: Natchitoches Regional Medical Center
Department: Finance Department
The Director of Finance is responsible for the planning, organization of staffing, and directing of functions to ensure the effective operation of the Financial Services Department. This position functions with the leadership team in developing plans, policies, and procedures to efficiently and effectively meet the objective of providing quality service relating to the areas of responsibility. The Controller is responsible for meeting JCAHO, federal, state, and local standards, requirements, and regulations while complying with Natchitoches Regional Medical Center policies and procedures. This position must efficiently manage supplies and equipment in the Financial Services Department, promotes internal and external customer satisfaction, and practices appropriate resource management. The Director of Finance must have extensive knowledge of both department and hospital policies and procedures relating to the field of Finance/Accounting. The Director of Finance is responsible for closing the books monthly and annually, applying accepted General Ledger Accounting Procedures and coordinating departmental financial responsibility reporting. This position prepares financial reports and budgets, summarizes year-end physical inventory, oversees all aspects of the payroll system, maintains the Fixed Assets Records for the hospital, is responsible for accurate bank reconciliations, tax reports, accounts payable, and participates in all accounting audits. This position also performs other tasks as assigned.
- Uphold mission, vision and values of Natchitoches Regional Medical Center.
- Manage Finance Department of Natchitoches Regional Medical Center including accounting, payroll and accounts payable.
- Drive preparation and delivery of financial management reporting with clear communication.
- Collaborate with external auditors to complete annual hospital audit reports in a timely fashion.
- Partner and collaborate across multiple cross-functional departments to provide financial support/guidance necessary to drive alignment and sound decision making.
- Monitor hospital key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Analyze financial information and reports to provide timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Enhance the use of the budgeting and all analysis tools supporting financial performance for the hospital.
- Design and prepare management reports and presentation materials as needed and directed.
- Support and implement other financial, analytical and operational projects to support strategic initiatives as identified by Senior Leadership.
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Master’s degree and or CPA preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and budgeting systems and generally accepted accounting principles and revenue recognition.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills required.
- Strong financial, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Access) and computerized accounting systems.
- Must be able to function in high stress fast-paced environment.
- Minimum of six years progressive experience required in finance or accounting related areas with at least two years supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience in hospital/healthcare financial operations preferred.