SUPERVISOR: Security Shift Supervisor EXEMPT (Y/N): NO
CLASSIFICATION: Key Employee
Under general supervision of the Security Shift Supervisor, ensures the safety and protection of casino patrons, employees and assets in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attends and participates in all security briefings and staff meetings.
- Patrols gaming floor, conducts checks for open machines, floor bank, drop doors and lot checks; identifies and reports suspicious activities to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in training and development of newly hired staff.
- Performs all lobby duties, verifies age of patrons, opens doors, checks suspicious packages, and identifies intoxicated patrons.
- Verifies fills, jackpot winnings and credits for accuracy; transports money, chips, tokens and markers.
- Controls access to restricted areas; checks for and reports all safety Performs inspections on a routine, daily and monthly basis to include inspecting signs, aisles, walkways, fire suppression systems and fire extinguishers.
- Assists patrons with vehicle lockouts, lost and found and safety issues.
- Ensures employees adhere to all gaming policies and procedures; reports any violations to appropriate personnel.
- Controls emergency situations, which may include resetting alarms, evacuation and/or shutdown of buildings.
- Conducts initial investigations by interviewing and obtaining written statements from customers/employees; completes a thorough and accurate report in a timely manner.
- Completes and verifies gaming paperwork, departmental logs, reports and parking violations.
- Communicates with other security personnel using two-way radios according to established codes and procedures.
- Oversees the Lost and Found program by ensuring that all items found are bagged, tagged and accounted for through written procedures.
- Confers with representatives of local government to ensure cooperation and coordination of Casino activities with law enforcement and firefighting agencies.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
ACCESS TO SENSITIVE AREAS AND INFORMATION:
As required for the job
As required by job duties
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- One year of security experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience (required).
- Complete and maintain CPR, AED, TIPS and First Aid certifications.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with co-workers at all levels, and guests of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict time lines.
- Ability to be persuasive and tactful in controversial situations.
- Ability to prepare accurate, complete and legible reports, as well as present detailed, accurate and objective oral presentations and response to questions.
- Ability to make intelligent and effective decisions in routine and emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must possess problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have ability to read, analyze and interpret operating procedures, technical procedures, government regulations and other correspondence.
- Ability to maintain organization, meet deadlines, possess integrity, confidentiality and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays as needed.
- Valid driver's license, adequate transportation and clean driving record.
- Gaming Industry experience (preferred).
- Tribal preference.