SUPERVISOR: F&B Supervisors/FOH Manager EXEMPT (Y/N): No
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Key Employee
Responsible for fast friendly service of guests entering the restaurant as well as cleaning and resetting of tables in a timely manner.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets and greets all guests in designated dining area.
- Provides exceptional guest service throughout the dining experience.
- Monitor all tables in your service area.
- Answer guests' questions and supply information on available services.
- Maintain a clean and attractive restaurant by cleaning and resetting tables after each guest along with removing all trash from the service and dining areas.
- Responds to guest concerns and complaints, contacting the supervisor as needed.
- Follows all food and workplace safety rules and regulations.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic.
- Must be able to carry large trays/bus tubs with a minimum weight of 25lbs.
- Must be able to complete all side work as designated by management.
- Must restock essential restaurant items such as glassware, plates, bowls, flatware and napkins.
- Must be able to operate P.O.S. system.
- Adheres to all regulatory, departmental and casino policies and procedures.
- Promotes positive customer relations, greets guest(s) and creates friendly atmosphere.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict time lines.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results.
- Basic money handling abilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum one (1) year experience of hospitality industry experience in a high volume-high operation (Casino/Restaurant experience preferred).
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal and written format.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to read and comprehend written instructions.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug screen and the tribal gaming commission licensing.
- Tribal preference.
TRIBAL PREFERENCE POLICY:
Members of the Jena Band of Choctaw Tribe shall be given absolute preference with respect to hiring, promotions, training, contracting and separation from employment. For persons who meet the minimum qualifications, preferential treatment shall be based on the following criteria and shall be given in the following order:
- Enrolled members of the Jena Band of Choctaw tribe who satisfy the minimum job qualifications;
- Spouses of enrolled members of the Jena Band of Choctaw who satisfy the minimum job qualifications;
- Enrolled members of other recognized tribes who satisfy the minimum job qualifications;
- Military Veterans;
- All others who satisfy the minimum job qualifications.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of hospitality industry experience in a high volume/high operation restaurant (Casino/Restaurant experience preferred).