UPERVISOR: Chef, Sous Chef and Lead Cook EXEMPT (Y/N): No
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Key Employee
Responsible for the proper and efficient frying, roasting and preparation of all meats, fish, or poultry. Accountable for the efficiency and operation of the areas of the kitchen they are assigned.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to work the grill, deep fryer and ovens proficiently.
- Ability to follow recipes and SOP's.
- Ability to work well with other Team Members.
- Must have basic knife skills.
- Must be serve-safe oriented, knowledge of proper sanitation practices and systems.
- Must have knowledge of proper cooking temperatures and knows how to use a thermometer correctly.
- Must have ability to set-up and break- down food stations assigned.
- Season all food, add garnish, sauce or vegetable, on the order, as determined by the Chef.
- Must understand the importance of "Clean as You Go" Concept.
- All job tasks and prep lists must be completed in timely manner to Chef's Standard.
- Assure that your designated area is closed down properly.
- All food must be wrapped, dated and labeled after each shift.
- Prepare for rush periods for buffet, sports bar and any special functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Culinary arts degree preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in in a High Volume Food Operation (a casino atmosphere preferred.)
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability required.
- A test will be given at the interview process that you must complete and pass to proceed.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license.
- Tribal preference.
TRIBAL PREFERENCE POLICY:
Members of the Jena Band of Choctaw Tribe shall be given absolute preference with respect to hiring, promotions, training, contracting, and separation from employment. For persons who meet the minimum qualifications, preferential treatment shall be based on the following criteria and shall be given in the following order:
- Enrolled members of the Jena Band of Choctaw tribe who satisfy the minimum job qualifications;
- Spouses of enrolled members of the Jena Band of Choctaw who satisfy the minimum job qualifications;
- Enrolled members of other recognized tribes who satisfy the minimum job qualifications;
- Military Veterans;
- All others who satisfy the minimum job qualifications.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Culinary arts degree preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in in a Multi High Volume Food Operation (a casino atmosphere preferred.)
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to stand long periods of time in one's location.
- Requires lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Requires transporting, pushing, pulling and maneuvering large loads weighing up to 300 lbs.
- Requires normal sense of smell, taste, touch and sound.
- Requires the use of electrical equipment and sharp utensils.
- Requires regular, consistent attendance.
- Work area may be small with heavy production.