SUPERVISOR: Chef, Sous Chef, Lead Cook EXEMPT (Y/N): No
Responsible for the proper and efficient frying, roasting and grilling of all meats, fish, or poultry. Accountable for the efficiency and operation of the areas of the kitchen they are assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following (other duties may be assigned):
• Ability to work the grill, deep fryer, sauté and ovens proficiently.
• Ability to follow recipe's and SOP's.
• Ability to work with other's as a team.
• Must have good knife skills.
• Must be serv-safe oriented, knowledge of proper sanitation practices and systems.
• Must have knowledge of proper cooking temperatures and knows how to use a thermometer correctly.
• Must have ability to set-up and break- down station assigned..
• Season all food, add garnish, sauce or vegetable, on the order, as determined by the Chef.
• Must understand the importance of "Clean as You Go" Concept.
• All job tasks and prep lists must be completed in timely manner to Chef's Standard.
• Assure that your designated area is closed down properly.
• All food must be wrapped, dated, and labeled after each shift.
• Prepare for rush periods for buffet, sports bar and any special events.
• Other job-related duties as assigned.
ACCESS TO SENSITIVE AREAS AND INFORMATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must successfully pass drug screen and tribal gaming commission licensing. Tribal preference.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma/GED. Culinary arts degree preferred. Minimum two years' experience in in a Multi High Volume Food Operation (a casino atmosphere preferred .)
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to stand long periods of time in one's location. Requires lifting up to 75 lbs. Requires transporting, pushing, pulling and maneuvering large loads weighing up to 300 lbs. Requires normal sense of smell, taste, touch, and sound. Requires the use of electrical equipment and sharp utensils. Requires regular, consistent attendance. Work area may be small with heavy production.
Serve-safe food handler card