SUPERVISOR: FOH F&B Manager EXEMPT (Y/N): No
CLASSIFICATION: Key Employee
Responsible to insure proper and efficient service to all guests the in the restaurant and food outlets, bars, beverage service stations and on the casino floor, scheduling, product inventory distribution and personnel supervision on a shift.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide excellent guest service in a professional manner at all times.
- Interviews, hires, trains and orients new team members for department.
- Assist in hiring of the restaurant and beverage staff.
- Follow up on guest complaints and any operational issues that need attention
- Training of non-management personnel as well as evaluation, scheduling, and mediating team member relations.
- Orders supplies and maintains par for stock and inventory control.
- Initiate and administer all disciplinary or exemplary action for the appropriate situation.
- Inspect staff as to uniforms, cleanliness, identifications, etc.
- Assures F&B areas are maintained in accordance with company and department standards.
- Have an understanding of the casino and how to handle the VIP quests.
- Evaluate and monitor employees' performance on an ongoing basis.
- Establish and maintain effective channels of communication with team members and guests.
- Evaluate operational procedures, recommend changes and implement approved changes, as necessary.
- Perform job functions of subordinate employees if required.
- Prepare daily employee work schedules.
- Record all attendance records and related work history in employee files.
- Address and follow-through with all departmental maintenance and equipment needs.
- Monitor service levels of all food outlets and all personnel within those areas.
- Adheres to all regulatory, departmental and casino policies and procedures
- Promotes Positive Customer relations, greets guest and creates friendly atmosphere
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict time lines.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum three year of full service restaurant experience in a high volume establishment and at least 1 year as a supervisor or a lead server or bartender.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to understand and comply with all departmental and company rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Must pose excellent communication and phone skills.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability implements new policies and procedures.
- Ability to interpret an apply guidelines and procedures.
- Must poses skills in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports and responding to correspondence.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and management. Ability to work flexible schedule.
- Ability to operate a computer, telephone, copier.
- Must have a complete understanding of the food department function.
- Must have leadership skills, team-building abilities, and excellent customer relations and communications skills.
- Must successfully pass drug screen and tribal gaming commission licensing.
- Tribal preference.
TRIBAL PREFERENCE POLICY:
Members of the Jena Band of Choctaw Tribe shall be given absolute preference with respect to hiring, promotions, training, contracting, and separation from employment. For persons who meet the minimum qualifications, preferential treatment shall be based on the following criteria and shall be given in the following order:
- Enrolled members of the Jena Band of Choctaw tribe who satisfy the minimum job qualifications
- Spouses of enrolled members of the Jena Band of Choctaw who satisfy the minimum job qualifications
- Enrolled members of other recognized tribes who satisfy the minimum job qualifications
- Military Veterans
- All others who satisfy the minimum job qualifications