SUPERVISOR: Chef/ Sous Chef EXEMPT (Y/N): No
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Key Employee
This position is responsible for the serving and monitoring of food in the Employee Dining Room.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve Employees in the EDR
- EDR shift will monitor food levels and ensure a clean and attractive dining room for our in-house guests
- Follows all food and workplace safety rules and regulations
- This position may require a minimal amount of kitchen prep work such as cleaning/slicing vegetable or plating desserts
- Must be able to carry large trays/bus tubs/pans with a minimum weight of 25lbs
- Must be able to complete all side work as designated by management
- EDR shift must restock essential EDR items such as condiments, glassware, plates, bowls, flatware and napkins
- Must be able to interact with internal guest of the casino
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Ability to understand and comply with all departmental and company rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work flexible schedules.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug screen and the tribal gaming commission licensing.
TRIBAL PREFERENCE POLICY:
Members of the Jena Band of Choctaw Tribe shall be given absolute preference with respect to hiring, promotions, training, contracting, and separation from employment. For persons who meet the minimum qualifications, preferential treatment shall be based on the following criteria and shall be given in the following order:
- Enrolled members of the Jena Band of Choctaw tribe who satisfy the minimum job qualifications
- Spouses of enrolled members of the Jena Band of Choctaw who satisfy the minimum job qualifications
- Enrolled members of other recognized tribes who satisfy the minimum job qualifications
- Military Veterans
- All others who satisfy the minimum job qualifications
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Minimum of 1 year of hospitality industry experience in a high volume high operation. (Casino/Restaurant experience preferred)
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to stand long periods of time.
- Require to lift/push or pull at least 25lbs, and 100+ with the help of a dolly or cart.
- Requires regular, consistent attendance.
- Work area may be small with heavy production.
- Requires being mobile 100% of the time may require bending from floor level to several feet overhead must be able to stand for extended periods work area may at times be noisy and temperatures may vary associate will have constant contact with guests and other team members.