SUPERVISOR: Chef, Sous Chef EXEMPT (Y/N): No
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Key Employee
Responsible for the proper and efficient frying, roasting and grilling of all meats, fish or poultry. Accountable for the efficiency and operation of the areas of the kitchen they are assigned.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to work the grill, deep fryer, saut and ovens proficiently.
- Training staff in all aspects of the kitchen.
- Ability to follow recipes and SOP's.
- Ability to take direction on multiple tasks and be able to delegate to team members.
- Ability to adapt to business needs as business dictates.
- Ability to be in charge in absence of Sous Chef and Chef.
- Ability to get along with all team members.
- Must have great knife skills.
- Must be serve-safe oriented, knowledge of proper sanitation practices and systems.
- Must have knowledge of proper cooking temperatures and knows how to use a thermometer correctly.
- Must have ability to set-up and break-down all stations.
- Season all food, add garnish, sauce or vegetable, on the order, as determined by the Chef.
- Must understand the importance of "Clean as You Go" Concept.
- All job tasks and prep lists must be completed in timely manner to Chef Standard.
- Assure that the kitchen and your designated area is closed down properly.
- All food must be wrapped, dated and labeled after each shift.
- Prepare for rush periods for buffet, sport bars and food carts effectively.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coaching and counseling of Team Members.
- Having a basic understanding of food cost and recipes.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict time lines.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results.
- Kitchen Worker
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma/GED. Culinary arts degree preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in in a High Volume Food Operation (a casino atmosphere preferred) with minimum one (1) year in a supervising role such a Head or Lead Cook.
- Must be able to read and understand (MSDS Sheets).
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal and written format.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to read and comprehend written instructions.
- Must successfully pass drug screen and tribal gaming commission licensing.
- Tribal preference.
TRIBAL PREFERENCE POLICY:
Members of the Jena Band of Choctaw Tribe shall be given absolute preference with respect to hiring, promotions, training, contracting and separation from employment. For persons who meet the minimum qualifications, preferential treatment shall be based on the following criteria and shall be given in the following order:
- Enrolled members of the Jena Band of Choctaw tribe who satisfy the minimum job qualifications;
- Spouses of enrolled members of the Jena Band of Choctaw who satisfy the minimum job qualifications;
- Enrolled members of other recognized tribes who satisfy the minimum job qualifications;
- Military Veterans;
- All others who satisfy the minimum job qualifications.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Culinary arts degree preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in in a high volume food operation (a casino atmosphere preferred) with minimum one (1) year in a supervising role such a Head or Lead Cook.