SUPERVISOR: Chef, Sous Chef and Lead Cook EXEMPT (Y/N): No
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Key Employee
Basic knowledge of frying, roasting and preparation of all meats, fish and poultry. Knowledge of all cold food preparation. Accountable for the efficiency and operation of the kitchen areas which are assigned.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must have basic understanding of kitchen equipment.
- Ability to follow recipes and SOP's.
- Must have basic understanding of cold food prep.
- Ability to work well with other Team Members.
- Must have basic knife skills.
- Must be serv-safe oriented; knowledge of proper sanitation practices and systems.
- Must have knowledge of proper cooking temperatures and know how to use a thermometer correctly.
- Must have ability to set-up and break-down assigned work area/station.
- Season all food, add garnish, sauce or vegetable, on the order, as determined by the Chef.
- Must understand the importance of "Clean as You Go" Concept.
- All job tasks and prep lists must be completed in a timely manner to Chef's Standard.
- Assure that your designated area is closed down properly.
- All food must be wrapped, dated and labeled after each shift.
- Prepare for rush periods for buffet, sport bars and food carts effectively.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict timelines.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a multi high volume food operation (preferred).
- Must be able to read and understand (MSDS sheets).
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal and written format.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to read and comprehend written instructions.
- Must be able to read and be able to understand the kitchen equipment manuals.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug screen and the tribal gaming commission licensing.
TRIBAL PREFERENCE POLICY:
Members of the Jena Band of Choctaw Tribe shall be given absolute preference with respect to hiring, promotions, training, contracting and separation from employment. For persons who meet the minimum qualifications, preferential treatment shall be based on the following criteria and shall be given in the following order:
- Enrolled members of the Jena Band of Choctaw tribe who satisfy the minimum job qualifications;
- Spouses of enrolled members of the Jena Band of Choctaw who satisfy the minimum job qualifications;
- Enrolled members of other recognized tribes who satisfy the minimum job qualifications;
- Military Veterans;
- All others who satisfy the minimum job qualifications.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Culinary arts experience (preferred).
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a Multi High Volume Food Operation (casino atmosphere preferred).
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to stand long periods of time in one location.
- Requires lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Requires transporting, pushing, pulling and maneuvering large loads weighing up to 300 lbs.
- Requires normal sense of smell, taste, touch, and sound.
- Requires the use of electrical equipment and sharp utensils.
- Requires regular, consistent attendance.
- Work area may be small with heavy production.
Serve-safe food handler card