Job Type: Full-time
Location: Natchitoches Regional Medical Center
Department: INPATIENT PHARMACY
Pharmacy technicians assist and support licensed pharmacists in providing health care and medications to patients. Pharmacy technicians must have a broad knowledge of pharmacy practice, and be skilled in the techniques required to order, stock, package, and compound and otherwise prepare medications. Maintains a professional presence throughout the hospital. Assures pharmacy services and activities are carried out to meet goals and standards of both Cardinal Health and the client/hospital.
Required Education and Experience
- High school degree or equivalent
- Current technician certification and required licensing
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous experience as a pharmacy technician
- ACPE or ASHP accredited course in compounding sterile preparations preferred
- Training and proficiency in age specific therapies for hospital patients preferred.