SUPERVISOR: Cage Manager EXEMPT (Y/N): Yes
CLASSIFICATION: Key Employee
Under the direction of the Cage Supervisor the Cage cashier is responsible for providing exceptional service to our guests, processing a multitude of monetary transactions for our guests in an efficient and courteous manner and protection of company assets. The Dual Rate role will be assigned by the Cage Manager on an as needed basis. During this assigned period the job duties and responsibilities are the same as a Main Bank Cashier.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Slot ticket redemption, currency exchange, slot jackpot payouts, check cashing/credit card advance, chip sales/redemption, filling/crediting of ticket redemption units.
- Ensures a consistent high level of service for our guests.
- Adheres to department standards and procedures, company internal controls, and Title 31 requirements.
- Responsible for safeguarding company assets
- Promotes positive public/team member relations at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- KNOIWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to communicate verbally in English.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Ability to multi-task and handle mental and physical stress.
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and special events as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or GED plus minimum of six (6) months cashiering experience preferably in a casino or banking environment.
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record. No felony, theft or stealing convictions.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license.
- Tribal preference.
TRIBAL PREFERENCE POLICY:
Members of the Jena Band of Choctaw Tribe shall be given absolute preference with respect to hiring, promotions, training, contracting, and separation from employment. For persons who meet the minimum qualifications, preferential treatment shall be based on the following criteria and shall be given in the following order:
- Enrolled members of the Jena Band of Choctaw tribe who satisfy the minimum job qualifications
- Spouses of enrolled members of the Jena Band of Choctaw who satisfy the minimum job qualifications
- Enrolled members of other recognized tribes who satisfy the minimum job qualifications
- Military Veterans
- All others who satisfy the minimum job qualifications
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to walk and stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment:
- Work is generally performed indoors in a casino setting where employee may have frequent contact with the public and be exposed to moderate/high noise levels, dirt, dust, unpleasant odors and second-hand smoke.
- Prolonged sitting/standing, walking, and/or extended work hours including swing shifts, evenings, holidays and weekends may be required.
- Extended hours and irregular shifts are required.
- Tight time constraints and multiple demands are common.