SUPERVISOR: Director of Gaming & General Manager EXEMPT (Y/N): Yes
CLASSIFICATION: Key Employee
The Casino Lead Shift Manager is a key member of the casino management team responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the casino during their designated shift. This role involves ensuring the smooth functioning of all gaming and non-gaming activities, maintaining high standards of customer service, and managing a team of staff members.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operational Oversight:
- Supervise and coordinate all aspects of the casino's operations during the assigned shift, including gaming areas, food and beverage outlets, security, and other facilities.
- Attend meetings as needed and sets scheduled for Gaming Machine Attendants.
- Monitor and manage the performance of gaming floor activities, ensuring that games are conducted according to established rules and regulations.
- Address and resolve any operational issues that arise during the shift, ensuring minimal disruption to customer experience.
- Directly supervise and lead a team of casino staff, including poker room, gaming machine team member, and other support staff as needed.
- Acts as lead among Casino Shift Managers
- Assign duties and responsibilities to staff members, ensuring optimal staffing levels for different areas of the casino.
- Provide training, coaching, and feedback to staff to maintain high service standards and enhance their professional development.
- Ensure exceptional customer service by interacting with guests and addressing any concerns or complaints promptly and professionally.
- Monitor guest feedback and work to improve the overall customer experience on the casino floor.
- Security and Compliance:
- Enforce compliance with all gaming regulations, company policies, and safety protocols to maintain a secure and fair gaming environment.
- Collaborate with security/surveillance personnel to prevent and address any incidents of cheating, fraud, or misconduct on the casino floor.
- Financial Management:
- Monitor gaming activity and track revenue during the shift, ensuring accurate record-keeping and reporting.
- Collaborate with the casino management team to develop strategies for maximizing revenue and minimizing losses.
- Shift Reporting:
- Prepare shift reports outlining operational activities, customer interactions, incidents, and any relevant statistical data.
- Provide updates to senior management about the shift's performance and any notable occurrences.
- High school diploma or equivalent; bachelor's degree in hospitality, business, or a related field is a plus.
- Several years of experience in a supervisory or managerial role within the casino or hospitality industry.
- Strong knowledge of casino games, rules, and regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for effective interaction with staff and customers.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license.
TRIBAL PREFERENCE POLICY:
Members of the Jena Band of Choctaw Tribe shall be given absolute preference with respect to hiring, promotions, training, contracting, and separation from employment. For persons who meet the minimum qualifications, preferential treatment shall be based on the following criteria and shall be given in the following order:
- Enrolled members of the Jena Band of Choctaw tribe who satisfy the minimum job qualifications
- Spouses of enrolled members of the Jena Band of Choctaw who satisfy the minimum job qualifications
- Enrolled members of other recognized tribes who satisfy the minimum job qualifications
- Military Veterans
- All others who satisfy the minimum job qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations and make quick decisions.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict time lines.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to logically and independently plan, organize, and complete work.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to set and achieve high standards of performance.
- Ability to express ideas or make recommendations concerning job related issues; learn specific job duties and complete detailed work assignments.
- Maintain knowledge of basic concepts and techniques.
- Knowledge of company procedures and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
- Knowledge of records management and basic accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of customer service practices and techniques.
- Skill in operating various word- processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs in a Windows environment.
- Records maintenance skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
GUEST SERVICE STANDARDS:
Must be able to incorporate JCPC's service strategy into daily operations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk.
- The employee occasionally is required to stand for up to eight hours; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Most of the job is performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a moderate noise level.
- Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required.
- Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
- Tight time constraints and multiple demands are common.