SUPERVISOR: General Manager EXEMPT (Y/N): Yes
CLASSIFICATION: Key Employee
SUMMARY: Under general supervision of the General Manager, accomplishes the Gaming Machine Department objectives by planning, organizing and directing all functions required to ensure gaming operations are executed in a cost effective and profitable manner. Ensures compliance with established laws, regulations, policies, and procedures. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops a strategic plan and objectives for the Gaming machine operations.
- Establishes, implements and communicates goals, objectives, policies and procedures in accordance with strategic plan.
- Ensures employees conform to regulatory, departmental, and casino policies and procedures for efficient gaming operations.
- Improves staff effectiveness by coaching, counseling, training and recommending disciplinary action for employees; planning, delegating, monitoring, and appraising job tasks and results in a timely manner.
- Hosts regular staff meetings to ensure communication among personnel regarding administrative activities.
- Achieves financial objectives by establishing and monitoring budgets, internal controls and accounting systems, and gaming financial reports.
- Recommends gaming machine vendors, negotiates prices and determines game mix to maximize casino revenue.
- Assists in the development of an overall marketing strategy; works cooperatively with the Marketing Department to promote all marketing initiatives; creates and monitors marketing promotions in conjunction with the Marketing department.
- Develops, maintains, and facilitates effective relationships, communications processes and activities with all casino personnel and all other internal and external customers.
- Keeps leadership and other departments informed of status of gaming machine activities by attending meetings and submitting reports.
- Contributes to departmental effectiveness by: identifying short-term and long-range issues and goals that must be addressed and providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of actions; and implementing directives.
- Implements and participates in staff development and training programs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by conducting research, attending seminars, educational workshops, classes and conferences; reviewing professional publications and establishing networks.
- Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITITES:
- Knowledge of federal, state, and Indian gaming regulations.
- Knowledge of basic accounting, math, and record keeping practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
- Knowledge of mechanical functions and play aspects of gaming machines, procedures and Casino floor operations.
- Skill in operating various word-processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Skill in supervising, training, and evaluating assigned staff.
- Skill in analyzing and preparing reports.
- Five years related gaming experience including three years in a supervisory capacity.
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must possess problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have ability to read, analyze, and interpret operating procedures, technical procedures and government regulations.
- Ability to maintain organization, meet deadlines, possesses integrity, confidentiality and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Required to comprehend detailed and lengthy documents, rules and regulations,
- Ability to efficiently schedule, and utilize manpower needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict time lines.
- Ability to make solid decisions and exercise independent judgment.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- No felony, theft or stealing convictions.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license.
TRIBAL PREFERENCE POLICY:
- Members of the Jena Band of Choctaw Tribe shall be given absolute preference with respect to hiring, promotions, training, contracting, and separation from employment. For persons who meet the minimum qualifications, preferential treatment shall be based on the following criteria and shall be given in the following order:
- Enrolled members of the Jena Band of Choctaw tribe who satisfy the minimum job qualifications
- Spouses of enrolled members of the Jena Band of Choctaw who satisfy the minimum job qualifications
- Enrolled members of other recognized tribes who satisfy the minimum job qualifications
- Military Veterans
- All others who satisfy the minimum job qualifications
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a moderate noise level. Extended hours and irregular shifts are required. Tight time constraints and multiple demands are common.