SUPERVISOR: Director of Gaming Operations EXEMPT (Y/N): Yes
CLASSIFICATION: Key Employee
Supervises the Poker Room and staff, tracks players when necessary, and provides protection for games while providing friendly, helpful service to every guest.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned): To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains the integrity of poker games.
- Monitors the performance of poker dealers, ensuring adherence to Casino policies and procedures.
- Instructs poker dealers on table assignment and work schedule.
- Maintains and replenishes Main Poker Podium Bank.
- Sells chips to the relief Poker Bank, Poker Table Bank and players.
- Opens and closes Poker Tables for play, and verifies table bank inventories.
- Maintains a list of players and games.
- Conducts player seating and waiting lists.
- Inputs player data into computer.
- Facilitates issuance and return of poker cards.
- Puts games together as soon as there are enough seats to go around
- Ensures that games are not left weak or unattended.
- Handles any customer concerns when necessary.
- Fills out appropriate paperwork.
- Enforce current poker room rules fairly and consistently.
- Makes rulings on contested calls.
- Processes all required paperwork in a complete and accurate manner.
- Create schedules and approves PTO.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Directly supervises the poker dealers.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization'' policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; gives input on performance appraisal; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
ACCESS TO SENSITIVE AREAS AND INFORMATION:
- Poker Podium
- Main Poker Podium Bank
- Cards Issued For Play
- Poker Table Tray Lock Cover
- Poker Lammers
- Casino Marketplace Database for Poker Player Data
- Blackjack Pit
- Main Poker Podium Bank
- Poker Podium
SIGNATORY ABILITY (not an exclusive list):
- Request for Fills/credit
- Jackpot payout form
- PTO requests
- One (1) to Two (2) years' supervisory experience in the gaming industry and/or in related fields or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in Gaming industry and Poker dealing highly preferred
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age
- Must possess problem-solving skills.
- Must have strong leadership skills with a clear focus on guest service and Team Member relations as a priority.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Native American preference will be observed in the hiring process.
- Knowledge of Native American culture, Tribal Governmental operations.
- Knowledge in casino gaming operations.
- Knowledge of all applicable Tribal, Federal, and State gaming regulations.
- Must have a working knowledge of computer software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Must have ability to read, analyze, and interpret operating procedures, technical procedures and government regulations.
- Ability to maintain organization, meet deadlines, possesses integrity, confidentiality and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Required to comprehend detailed and lengthy documents, rules and regulations, reports, logs, procedure manuals, and other correspondence.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Adequate transportation.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license.