Director of Human Resources
- Advises the University Leadership Team, President's Cabinet, managers, and staff in areas related to HR.
- Reviews and makes recommendations to the President's Cabinet for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures, and practices on personnel matters.
- Communicates changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Counsels employees and management on applicable state and federal laws, Civil Service, and Board of Supervisors rules, as they pertain to employment.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization's compliance.
- Maintains responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to HR.
- Responsible for developing and implementing an HR Strategic Plan consistent with the University's Strategic Plan.
- Participates in strategic planning and provides leadership and guidance in carrying out plans relative to the accomplishment of the University's strategic plan, goals, and objectives.
- Represents the University at Civil Service hearings, commission hearings, unemployment hearings, and other court hearings.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the Executive Vice President of Business & University Affairs or President, on personnel matters.
- Assists with investigations of complaints and allegations of inappropriate employee behavior, including recommendations for a course of action.
- Oversees preparation and reporting of standardized metric systems related to employee turnover, exit interviews, and employee satisfaction surveys as well as periodic reports such as new hires, terminations, promotions, and transfers.
- Oversees the timely submission of monthly Board of Supervisors Personnel Actions Report. · Participates on committees and special projects. Serves on various committees assigned by the ED, IEHR and/or the President.
- Performs any other required duties assigned by the ED, IEHR and/or President.
- Accountable for ensuring that affirmative action, equal opportunity, and diversity are integrally tied to all actions and decisions in areas of responsibility.
To Apply: Submit cover letter, current resume and contact information (including email address and phone number) for three (3) professional references to:
Veronica M. Biscoe, Executive Director
Office of Institutional Effectiveness & Human Resources
Northwestern State University
#111 Caspari Hall
310 Sam Sibley Drive
Natchitoches, LA 71497