Description: What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer challenging assignments and total rewards in countries around the world. When we say infinite possibilities, we mean it. Apply now and join a community that improves people’s lives, the planet and our company’s performance by transforming renewable resources into products people depend on every day.
Area Manufacturing Excellence Leader – Power & Recovery
$105,300 – $140,400
Multiple factors, including Individual experience, skills and abilities will determine where an employee is ultimately placed in the pay range.
Red River Mill
Campti, LA 71411
The Job You Will Perform:
The Skills You Will Bring:
- Engage team in safety leadership efforts and encourage/support safe work practices in mill
- Ensure ME principles are properly utilized in daily operations for continuous improvement
- Lead Cost Reduction/Deliberate Improvement project identification and execution in Business Unit
- Support identification and validation of R-Gap and A-Gap opportunities in Business Unit
- Assist BUM in developing department’s annual and long term gap closure plan for identified opportunities and incorporating in the Budget + 4
- Drive mill initiatives in the department to engage employees in improvement/sustain activities
- Lead/provide ME support to project teams on budget initiatives (deliberate and continuous)
- Coordinates the identification, developmental, and successful implementation by results tracking of cost reduction opportunities, both capital and non-capital
- Support/Mentor GB, YB and WB trainees during certification
- Support RCFA champion for Power & Recovery Areas
- Advocate for sustainable improvement practices and systems
- Mentor and advocate to support department’s 5S effort
- Develop REACH engineers as future operations and maintenance leaders.
- Utilize Advanced Analytics tools to drive root cause analysis and process improvement opportunity.
The Benefits You Will Enjoy:
International Paper offers a benefits package that includes health, welfare and retirement plans including Medical, Dental, Life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-term and Long-term Disability, 401(k), Company-funded retirement contributions, Paid Time Off, Education & Development (including Tuition Reimbursement), Student Loan Repayment Assistance, and Voluntary Benefits including insurance for home, auto, vision and pets.
The Career You Will Build:
Manufacturing and leadership training and promotional opportunities within a global company.
The Impact You Will Make:
We continue to build a better future for people, the planet, and our company! IP has been a good steward of sustainable practices across communities around the world for more than 120 years. Join our team and you’ll see why our team members say they’re Proud to be IP.
The Culture You Will Experience:
International Paper promotes employee well-being by providing safe, caring and inclusive workplaces. We have team members all around the world with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. These are our strengths. We are committed to creating a culture where all individuals are respected, valued, engaged and have an opportunity to do their best work every day. We invite you to bring your uniqueness, creativity, talents, experiences, and safety mindset to be a part of our increasingly inclusive and diverse culture.
The Company You Will Join:
International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a leading global supplier of renewable fiber-based products. We produce corrugated packaging products that protect and promote goods, and enable worldwide commerce, and pulp for diapers, tissue and other personal care products that promote health and wellness. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., we employ approximately 38,000 colleagues globally. We serve customers worldwide, with manufacturing operations in North America, Latin America, North Africa and Europe. Net sales for 2022 were $21.2 billion. Additional information can be found by visiting InternationalPaper.com.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. International Paper complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com or (877) 973-3919.
- B.S. in Engineering field preferred, relevant experience will be considered
- Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing management experience; First Line Leader, Operations Maintenance Coordinator or Area Manager is highly preferred
- Experience managing direct reports highly preferred
- Experience with continuous improvement concepts and tools is required
- Candidate will be expected to become IP Green Belt certified if not already
- Possess good written and oral communication skills
- Possess strong computer knowledge and skills that include experience with spreadsheets, word processing, PI, Proficy, Parcview, Braincube, SIMCA, and Minitab (and/or other statistical analysis software)
- Must have demonstrated the ability to manage project/process improvements and guide a team to successful completion of tasks
- Must have demonstrated the ability to set expectations with stretch goals and measure work to determine the degree of goal attainment
Campti LA 71411