This position is a 1-year, full-time commitment. You will be an AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteer In Service To America). AmeriCorps VISTA is a federal program with the mission of ending poverty in our country. VISTA Members are assigned to non-profits across the country to build capacity and sustainability of those organizations. This assignment is with the Ben D. Johnson Educational Center, 501 (c) 3 nonprofit located in Natchitoches, Louisiana.
Check out all available positions at www.bdjcenter.org/volunteer.
VISTAs sign up for a full year of service, working full time for their nonprofit service site. Professional experience is not necessary but highly valued. Training is provided for all tasks.
AmeriCorps VISTA Workers receive the following benefits:
• Daily Living Allowance – paid biweekly
• End of Service award o Segal AmeriCorps Education Award which is equivalent to the current Pell Grant amount o Or End of Service Cash Stipend
• Free basic health coverage
• Professional development
• Paid sick & leave time
• Childcare assistance
• Relocation assistance The Endowment-Grants Coordinator VISTA will help build the capacity of the center by creating a sustainable fundraising plan.
The VISTA will expand and diversify funding streams by researching funding sources, implementing fundraising campaigns, and initiating and cultivating donor relationships. The VISTA will research fundraising and grant opportunities and will work with the Board of Directors and Executive Director to develop support for the BDJ Center programs and services.
Tasks will include:
• Research a variety of grant opportunities and individual donors
• Present a minimum of 24 grant opportunities to the Executive Director
• Create a database of grantors, foundations, and philanthropic organizations which fit the BDJ Center’s mission and goals
• Develop a process that tracks grant deadlines and due dates and provides alerts when due
• Draft at least 2 grant proposals or sponsorship requests for review by Executive Director
• Track all donor engagement on donor management software
• Research potential and current donors to determine giving capacity
• Create and distribute donor print and electronic communications
• Schedule and implement donor activities and events such as tours, individual meetings, phone calls, etc.
For additional information or to express interest in this opportunity, please send your resume to: Shannon Tucker, VISTA Leader email@example.com (318) 460-7460. To learn more about VISTA and the BDJ Center visit www.bdjcenter.org/vista.
The Ben D. Johnson Educational CenterShannon Tucker