This position is a 1-year, full-time commitment.
You will be an AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteer In Service To America). AmeriCorps VISTA is a federal program with the mission of ending poverty in our country. VISTA Members are assigned to non-profits across the country to build capacity and sustainability of those organizations.
This assignment is with the Ben D. Johnson Educational Center, 501 (c) 3 nonprofit located in Natchitoches, Louisiana.
Check out all available positions at www.bdjcenter.org/volunteer.
VISTAs sign up for a full year of service, working full time for their nonprofit service site. Professional experience is not necessary but highly valued. Training is provided for all tasks.
AmeriCorps VISTA Workers receive the following benefits:
• Daily Living Allowance – paid biweekly
• End of Service award o Segal AmeriCorps Education Award which is equivalent to the current Pell Grant amount o Or End of Service Cash Stipend
• Free basic health coverage
• Professional development
• Paid sick & leave time
• Childcare assistance
• Relocation assistance
The Volunteer Coordinator will develop and implement a sustainable volunteer & outreach program to engage community members through a student mentorship program, expand community members knowledge about volunteer and partnership opportunities, and work collaboratively with other organizations to pool resources.
Tasks will include:
• Review, update and enhance current volunteer manual.
• Create checklist and slide presentation for volunteer orientation.
• Develop a process for training volunteers.
• Develop recruitment process including recruitment materials such as social media posts, flyers, website updates, etc. as needed.
• Recruit volunteers by developing relationships with individuals, educational institutions, churches, etc.
• Manage volunteer schedule.
• Track all volunteer activity in database.
• Retrieve reports from database.
• Develop a volunteer retention program.
For additional information or to express interest in this opportunity, please send your resume to: Shannon Tucker, VISTA Leader firstname.lastname@example.org (318) 460-7460. To learn more about VISTA and the BDJ Center visit www.bdjcenter.org/vista.
The Ben D. Johnson Educational CenterShannon Tucker