Location: NRMC Resource Building
JOB TITLE: Logistics Non-Emergent Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Logistics Department
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Logistics Manager
ORIGINAL DATE: January 10, 2023 UPDATED DATE: January 20, 2023
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SALARY GRADE: 16 JOB CODE: 712
The Coordinator position duties will include answering phones/radios and dispatching the appropriate drivers to and from locations for pick-ups and drop-offs. The Scheduler/Coordinator will be resourceful and develop a day to day logistical plan to ensure that all calls are handled in a consistent and expeditious manner. This position will also include supply ordering and retrieving, coordinating transportation schedules, clinical and non-clinical record keeping and updating, and scheduling assistance through Managed Care Organization (MCO) Providers. The scheduler will also submit data or fix corrections for trip reimbursements for each MCO Provider. The Coordinator will also do additional duties as assigned by the Logistics Manager, which may include driving a vehicle as a last resort in case of call volume overflow, scheduling conflicts, or if there is no other driver is available.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities.
- Manages transportation schedule for all clinics and coordinates drivers to maximize the efficiency of transportation for patients or supplies.
- Communicate safety or potential hazards to drivers on routes that need detour routes.
- Assess patient conditions (ambulatory, wheelchair, stretcher) to verify type of vehicle needed.
- Assist alerting and dispatching services needed by the drivers.
- Relay all pertinent information to drivers or patient riders.
- Receives and reviews patient demographic, financial information, and eligibility.
- Coordination for vehicle repairs, gas cards, miscellaneous items
- Communicates scheduled events to areas in patient process and patient care to facilitate flow.
- Notifies supervisor of vehicle maintenance or vehicle availability related issues.
- Non-clinical record keeping: enters information into Run Log Book, Log Book and Equipment Maintenance Log.
- Clinical record keeping: enters patient and driver information into transportation software.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as deemed appropriate, and when assigned by manager.
- Answer calls, emails, and return patient voicemails as needed.
- Ability Lift Minimum of 50lbs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Secondary Responsibilities (Only If Needed)
- Safely transports patients from their home to appointments.
- Transfer of Patients to receiving facility and communicates to receiving medical facility pertinent patient history, physical information, treatment information, and information concerning any interventions.
- Safely Transport NRMC supplies, materials, and labs to various locations throughout Natchitoches and surround parishes.
- Ability to communicate information in writing and verbally in English.
- Ability to learn multiple software systems.
- Ability to read fuel gauges, other gauges, and fluid level indicators.
- Skilled and safe emergency driving.
- Knowledge of geographic area.
- Ability to read maps.
- Ability to proficiently use all phones, tablets, and GPS equipment.
- Ability to use appropriate discretion in handling confidential information and materials.
- Knowledge in faxing, emailing, and correspondence
- Ability to interact with all customers (co-workers, patients, families, physicians, vendors, etc.)
- Adheres to NRMC Standards of Behavior.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related field or 5 plus years of related work experience.
- Must have or be able obtain First Aid and CPR Certifications
- Must have or be able to possess a valid Class D driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass driver’s defensive, passenger assistance, and wheelchair training courses.
- Must be able to pass Motor Vehicle and Criminal Background Checks
- Must be at least age 25 (this is a requirement of our insurance carrier) with a clean DMV record.
- Must be able to pass HIPPA training
Preferred Education and Experience
- Two years of experience transporting patients preferred.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Requires vision of 20/40 or better, with or without corrective lens.
- Requires good hearing.
- Transferring supplies from vehicle to building
- Requires bending over for long periods of time, as well as stretching and reaching.
- Requires pushing and/or pulling of carts through hallways and moving boxes up and down flights of stairs.
- Requires pushing and/or pulling of stretchers through hallways and down flights of stairs.
- Could require working long hours, resulting in extended periods of sleep deprivation and unpredictable meal schedules.
- Requires performance of duties in highly stressful situations.
- Environment: Much of the work for this position is performed outside in adverse weather conditions.
- Unpredictable driving and traffic hazards and conditions and possibility of motor vehicle accidents.
- Possibility of assault, including with knives and guns.
- Possibility of falls and lifting injuries.
It is the policy of NRMC to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all company-sponsored employee activities. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity or age limitations will be adhered to by the company where appropriate.
As part of the company’s equal employment opportunity policy, NRMC will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.
Employees and applicants shall not be subjected to harassment, intimidation or any type of retaliation because they have (1) filed a complaint; (2) assisted or participated in an investigation, compliance review, hearing or any other activity related to the administration of any federal, state or local law requiring equal employment opportunity; (3) opposed any act or practice made unlawful by any federal, state or local law requiring equal opportunity; or (4) exercised any other legal right protected by federal, state or local law requiring equal opportunity.
The above-mentioned policies shall be periodically brought to the attention of supervisors and shall be appropriately administered. It is the responsibility of each supervisor of the company to ensure affirmative implementation of these policies to avoid any discrimination in employment. All employees are expected to recognize these policies and cooperate with their implementation. Violation of these policies is a disciplinary offense.
The Affirmative Action Officer has been assigned to direct the establishment and monitor the implementation of personnel procedures to guide our affirmative action program throughout NRMC. A notice explaining the company’s policy will remain posted.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.