SUPERVISOR: Human Resources Director EXEMPT (Y/N): No
CLASSIFICATION: Non Key Employee
The Training & Development Coordinator creates learning and organizational development programs in various formats to ensure that all employees have the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform their jobs and to deliver guest service consistent with the casino service strategy and standards.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a clean, safe, healthy and friendly work environment for employees and guests; report and direct safety issues to Safety Committee.
- Conduct employee need surveys, analyze results, and recommend training programs for the organization.
- Design and develop training and development programs and required materials to include handouts, power point presentations, workbooks, samples and videos.
- Create and update a calendar of coursework offered for all shifts, promote the classes, and conduct development programs and activities consistent with property need.
- Analyze the effectiveness of training and development programs; modify programs to meet benchmarks; and provide ROI data as requested.
- Conduct the monthly training orientation for all new hires; coordinate the meetings and make program improvements to meet goals.
- Provide one-on-one or group training or learning opportunities for targeted populations or departments as deemed necessary to further team relations and organizational effectiveness.
- Organize career development systems, record keeping and teach management to conduct career discussions with staff.
- Analyze guest service comment cards both positive and negative. Use information to monitor trends and provide feedback to management.
- Lead train-the-trainer workshops to empower personnel to be effective trainers in their area of responsibility.
- May lead and plan Company events to include facilitating team building activities across departments and within teams during meetings and organizing guest speakers.
- Assist in the development of management level on boarding and monitor progress toward completion within 90 days.
- Assist in the development and follow the budget for area of responsibility.
- Review requests for outside training activities for cost effectiveness and applicability.
- Administer recognition programs to promote the service strategy of the property and build good will and morale.
- Assist with the Tribal Member Mentor program and other development activities that promote Tribal member development and career path ways.
- Develop policies and procedures for area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development, Psychology, Training and Development, or related field preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience and/or training
- Three years of experience as a trainer in the hospitality industry.
- Proven knowledge and ability to utilize adult learning techniques with a diverse employee group.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to speak comfortably in front of large and small groups; persuasive speaking skills and professional writing skills.
- Friendly, outgoing and approachable behavior with a strong customer service orientation.
- ASTD certification preferred or other training certificate a plus.
- PC literate with experience and proficiency in the use of the internet, MS Office to include Power Point and some data base management.
- Good communication skills, and the ability to perform in a high volume, fast paced and goal oriented environment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record. No felony, theft or stealing convictions.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license.
- Tribal preference.
TRIBAL PREFERENCE POLICY:
Members of the Jena Band of Choctaw Tribe shall be given absolute preference with respect to hiring, promotions, training, contracting, and separation from employment. For persons who meet the minimum qualifications, preferential treatment shall be based on the following criteria and shall be given in the following order:
- Enrolled members of the Jena Band of Choctaw tribe who satisfy the minimum job qualifications;
- Spouses of enrolled members of the Jena Band of Choctaw who satisfy the minimum job qualifications;
- Enrolled members of other recognized tribes who satisfy the minimum job qualifications;
- Military Veterans;
- All others who satisfy the minimum job qualifications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Three years of experience as a trainer in the hospitality industry with a high preference for experience within the Native American gaming industry.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict time lines.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to logically and independently plan, organize, and complete work.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to set and achieve high standards of performance.
- Ability to express ideas or make recommendations concerning job related issues; learn specific job duties and complete detailed work assignments.
- Maintain knowledge of basic concepts and techniques.
- Knowledge of company procedures and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
- Knowledge of records management and basic accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of customer service practices and techniques.
- Skill in operating various word- processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs in a Windows environment.
- Records maintenance skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.